THE BJP is set to start its much-awaited Parivartan Yatra in poll-bound UP on November 5 from Saharanpur, Lalitpur, Ballia and Sonbhadra districts. Each of the four yatras will travel across the state for 55 days and cover all Assembly constituencies before concluding in Lucknow on December 31, where a public rally will be addressed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Party national president Amit Shah, Union ministers Rajnath Singh, Kalraj Mishra and Uma Bharti will be present on the first day of the yatras. Other senior leaders will join the yatras at various places later on.
“The objective behind the yatras is to give a call for a change, so that people can be rid of corruption and anarchy and also to seek the blessings of the people for a BJP government in the state. The Prime Minister has been requested to address the concluding ceremony,” BJP state president Keshav Prasad Maurya said. He added that a meeting will be held on October 13 to finalise the route of the yatras. “During the yatras, party leaders will highlight the achievements of the Modi government and failures of the SP government of UP,” said Maurya.
The BJP chief said Shah will also take part in the concluding ceremony of Dhamma Chetna Yatra in Kanpur on October 14. Led by 87-year-old Viriyo, leader of Akhil Bharatiya Bhikkhu Mahasangh, the yatra was flagged off by Rajnath at Sarnath in Varanasi on April 24. It was earlier scheduled to end in Lucknow and organisers had hoped that PM will address the gathering in concluding ceremony. But later it was decided that Shah will address the concluding ceremony in Kanpur. “The reason could be that the PM is already visiting Lucknow on October 11 and Mahoba on October 24,” said a BJP leader.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen