A day after being suspended from JD(U) in connection with recovery of liquor bottles from her house, the Excise department on Wednesday sealed MLC Manorama Devi’s residence and also intensified its efforts to arrest the absconding legislator.
Officials of Excise department with the help of police sealed the residence of the suspended MLC in posh Anugrah Puri colony, Senior Superintendent of Police Garima Mallik said.
- Patna HC grants bail to Rocky Yadav in misbehaviour with police case
- Bihar road rage case: Rocky Yadav, two others sentenced to life imprisonment; father Bindi Yadav gets five-year for harbouring accused
- Aditya Sachdeva murder case: Rocky Yadav sentenced to life imprisonment, father Bindi Yadav gets five-year jail
- What is Aditya Sachdeva murder case?
- JD(U) MLC Manorama Devi booked for storing liquor at home, goes missing
- Suspended JD(U) MLC Manorama Devi's house sealed: Police
The sealing of the house came in the wake of a case registered against the MLC with Rampur police station last night in connection with about 18 bottles of Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) bottles recovered from her house during a search on Monday. The search was made for her son Rocky Yadav, who allegedly shot dead a youth, in Gaya on Saturday night.
Police questioned a domestic help and a cook of the MLC about her whereabouts.
Trouble mounted on the legislator after her suspension from JD(U) last night in connection with recovery of liquor bottles in dry state Bihar, and charge of hiding facts about her son Rocky Yadav who allegedly killed a class XIIth student Aditya Sachdeva after the car in which he was travelling overtook the SUV of the MLC’s son.
Wife of RJD strongman Bindi Yadav, Devi became MLC from JD(U) in 2015. Earlier, she was MLC from RJD from 2003 to 2009.
Earlier, a case was registered against her husband Bindi Yadav and son Rocky in connection with seizure of liquor bottles. Devi’s name was included in the FIR last night in this connection.
Meanwhile, for more troubles for the MLC, a minor domestic help was found at her residence during the police search.
Sub Divisional Officer, Sadar, Vikash Kumar Jaiswal said officials of labour department have been called to look into the matter.
He said a fresh case would be registered against Manorama Devi and her husband Bindi Yadav for employing child labour at their home.