Two of the accused in the alleged sexual assault and death of an RJD MLA’s sister surrendered before the
Bhojpur district court on Wednesday, while three others are still at large.
Mithilesh Singh and Santosh Singh surrendered before the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (ACJM) who remanded them to judicial custody.
Besides the two, three unknown persons have been made accused in the case registered with the Chandi police station of Bhojpur district. They are yet to be arrested.
- Prohibition big flop, liquor delivered at home in Bihar: Lalu Prasad
- Bihar BJP leader murder case: Patna HC seeks reply from govt, police on slow pace of investigation
- Bihar: Rape charges slapped on suspended RJD MLA Raj Ballabh Yadav
- Give death to molestation bid accused: Bihar MLA
- RJD MLA says police going soft on sister’s killers
- RJD MLA's sister dies after being assaulted, thrown out of autorickshaw
Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) A Rahman has been camping at Ara to supervise the case.
“No accused will be spared,” the DIG said.
RJD MLA Saroj Yadav’s elder sister was allegedly sexually assaulted and badly beaten up by the accused on April 9. She died during treatment in Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) yesterday.
Talking to mediapersons at Ara today, the RJD MLA from Barhara demanded stern action against the outgoing Bhojpur Superintendent of Police Navin Chandra Jha for allegedly showing leniency in the case.
Describing the incident as “serious”, senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi said the crime took place as the police was busy implementing the alcohol ban in the state. BJP MLA Nitin Navin echoed the views.
Former Chief Minister and RJD leader Rabri Devi said law would take its own course and sought adequate compensation for kin of the victim.
JD(U) spokesman Ajay Alok expressed sorrow over the episode and said the law would not spare any wrongdoer.