A day after arms and ammunition were seized from his office, Bachha Rai, principal of Bishun Rai Intermediate college in Vaishali district which is in the eye of a storm over the 10+2 toppers scam in Bihar was booked under Arms Act.
A case has been filed against him at Bhagwanpur police station under section 25 (1)(B) and section 26 of the Arms Act for illegal possession of weapon and ammunition at his office, Bhagwanpur police station in-charge Vikram Acharya said.
The Vaishali police will soon seek his remand for interrogation in connection with registration of the case against him under the Arms Act, he said.
- Sheena Bora murder case: Was not aware punishment for murder bigger than that for possession of illegal arms, Rai tells court
- ED files money laundering case to probe Bihar toppers scam
- Bihar exam scam: SIT arrests ‘fake topper’ Ruby Rai’s father
- Bihar topper scam: SIT recovers pistol, live rounds from Baccha Rai’s office
- Bihar toppers scam: Baccha Rai sent to two days SIT remand
- Bihar: Toppers' scandal 'kingpin' Bachha Rai arrested
Watch Video: What’s making news
A Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the scam had carried out raids at the college premises yesterday and recovered a country-made pistol and five cartridges from an almirah in the principal’s office, Acharya said.
Rai was arrested from near the college premise on June 11 in connection with the scam involving several students of his college, including Arts and Science topper Ruby Rai and and Saurabh Shrestha respectively.
The scandal surfaced following a video featuring the toppers went viral in which Ruby and Saurabh were seen giving ridiculous answers to questions on their subjects.