A report prepared by the forensic science laboratory has confirmed that “experts” had written the examination for Bihar Intermediate Arts “topper” Ruby Rai, who had pronounced political science as “prodigal science” and said that the subject deals with cooking.
The report showed that her handwriting did not match five of the six papers she purportedly appeared in. Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) has cancelled the Class XII result of Rai and of three toppers from other disciplines.
Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj told The Indian Express: “As we had found a lot of discrepancies in handwriting in the answer sheets of the arts topper, we had sent all her six papers for forensic test. The report showed that the arts topper wrote only the home science paper.” The SSP added that the Vishun Rai College of Vaishali had allegedly given freedom to some of its students to write papers leisurely on the college campus late in the evening after the day’s exam got over.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Bachcha Rai, principal of VR College and one of the main accused in the toppers scam, is in jail. So are the scam kingpins, former state board chief Lalkeshwar Prasad Singh and his wife, former MLA Usha Sinha. While the arts topper is out on bail, the three other toppers are absconding.
The Special Investigation Team of the Patna police has filed a chargesheet against 30 people, including 20 public servants.
“The forensic report also showed there was no watermark in five subjects, which proves that the answer sheets were fake and not from the lot distributed in the examination hall. The original answer sheet must have a watermark. Our investigation has shown how answer sheets were changed after the examinations,” said SSP Manu Maharaj, who heads the SIT.