A Chief Judicial Magistrate on Sunday sent Bihar’s controversial topper Ruby Rai, who pronounced Political Science as “Prodikal Science” which according to her deals with cooking, to judicial custody till July 8.
Rai was arrested by Special Investigation Team (SIT) on Saturday after she emerged from a re-test of Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB).
A Patna court on Saturday issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against four toppers of the intermediate examination, including Ruby, in the exam racket.
- Bihar topper scam: Court accepts Ruby Rai as minor
- Bihar toppers scam: SIT arrests former BSEB secretary
- Ruby Rai flunks retest, Bihar Class XII Arts topper taken into custody
- Bihar topper scam: SIT arrest Ruby Rai after Patna court issues non-bailable warrant
- SIT arrests Bihar’s topper scam mastermind from UP
- Bihar topper scam: Arrest warrants issued against ex-BSEB chief, JD(U) MLA
Science topper Saurbabh Shrestha, third topper Rahul Kumar and Vishun Roy college Principal Bachha Rai’s daughter Shalini Rai are the other three against whom the arrest warrant was issued.
Ruby’s comments during a TV interview after she was declared the topper in Humanities stream this year had led to the lid being taken off from the toppers scam in the state.
She had pronounced Political Science which was one of her subjects as “Prodikal science” which according to her taught cooking.