Three persons were killed and 10 others injured when a bus rammed into a stranded truck near Araria Sangram Chowk in Bihar’s Madhubani district early Saturday, a police officer said.
“The mishap occurred when the bus, on the way to Purnea from Patna, lost control and hit a truck standing on the roadside near Sangram Chowk,” Krishna Kant, SHO of Araria Police station, said.
- Rewari: 3 killed, 19 injured in highway accident
- Rajasthan: Woman killed, several injured in road mishap
- Gujarat: Nine killed, three injured in road accident on NH-8
- Four killed, 40 injured as bus falls into gorge
- 30 killed,28 injured in Karna bus mishap
- Udhampur: 25 die as bus plunges in deep 'khud'
Watch Video: What’s making news
One Mohammad Hasim (46) from Saran and Rajeev Sharma (30) from Vaishali district died on the spot. The third one is yet to be identified, the SHO said.
The bodies have been sent to Sadar hospital for post-mortem while injured have been rushed to the Jhanjharpur PHC for treatment.
Driver of the bus managed to escape, he said.