Three persons were killed and 10 others injured when a bus rammed into a stranded truck near Araria Sangram Chowk in Bihar’s Madhubani district early Saturday, a police officer said.
“The mishap occurred when the bus, on the way to Purnea from Patna, lost control and hit a truck standing on the roadside near Sangram Chowk,” Krishna Kant, SHO of Araria Police station, said.
- Jharkhand: 13 dead, including four children in road mishap
- Andhra: Four Class X students among five killed as bus hits rickshaw
- Sawai Madhopur accident: At least 33 dead after bus falls off bridge in Rajasthan, PM Modi expresses grief
- Australian killed in Yamuna Expressway pile-up
- Australian killed in road accident on Yamuna Expressway
- Moga: Bus rams into truck, four killed
Watch Video: What’s making news
One Mohammad Hasim (46) from Saran and Rajeev Sharma (30) from Vaishali district died on the spot. The third one is yet to be identified, the SHO said.
The bodies have been sent to Sadar hospital for post-mortem while injured have been rushed to the Jhanjharpur PHC for treatment.
Driver of the bus managed to escape, he said.