Seven children drowned in three districts in the state during Chhath puja this morning. Two girls, aged between 8 and 9 years, died in Barh sub division of rural Patna near Malahi ghat, officer in-charge of Barh police station Manoj Kumar Sinha said. Two other children were saved by locals at the same venue, he said.
Three boys aged between 14 and 16 years lost their lives near Bharpura ghat in river Bagmati in Khagaria district during course of Chhath rituals this morning.
Watch What Else Is Making News
The boys, all friends, went deep in the water, while bathing during morning Arghya of Chhath.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
As one of them started drowning, two other boys with him tried to save him and all the three ultimately died, Officer in-charge of Chautham police station of Khagaria district Sunil Kumar Sahni said.
An uncle of one of the victims, who unsuccessfully tried to save them, managed to swim to safety, he said.
Another mishap took place in Muzaffarpur district where two children drowned in Kadani river, a tributary of Gandak, during holy dip on the occasion of Chhath.
Two others were saved from drowning by locals, Office in-charge of Maniyari police station Amit Kumar said.