A day after Patna High Court granted bail to Rakesh Ranjan Yadav alias Rocky Yadav in Gaya road rage case, Bihar government decided to challenge the order in the Supreme Court. Rocky, son of suspended JD(U) MLC Manorama Devi and historysheeter Bindi Yadav, is accused of shooting dead Class XII student Aditya Sachdeva for overtaking his car on May 7 this year.
Watch What Else Is Making News
“The state government is going to file an appeal in the Supreme Court challenging the bail granted to Rocky Yadav by the Patna High Court,” Principal Additional Advocate General Lalit Kishore told PTI.
Asked when the appeal is expected to be filed in the apex court, Kishore said, “We are trying our best to file it by next Monday.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
He, however, refused to divulge details about the grounds on which the state government would go in for the appeal. Police arrested Rocky from his father’s mixer plant in Gaya on May 10. Rocky’s parents, accused of sheltering him while he was on the run after the murder, were recently enlarged on bail.
Police filed a charge sheet in a Gaya court against Rocky and another accused in connection with the murder case. They have also filed charge sheet against Rocky’s cousin Teni Yadav, his father Bindi Yadav and his MLC mother’s bodyguard Rajesh Kumar in the murder case. The state government had put the case on speedy trial and investigation was completed within three weeks and charge sheet filed within a month of the incident.