The family of Aditya Sachdeva reacted with disappointment to the Patna high court granting bail to Rocky Yadav, son of suspended JDU MLC and accused in the killing of Aditya.
“It is a very bad day for Bihar that a criminal got bail as this is very shocking news for the entire nation. In this case, everything was clear, yet he got bail and how he got it is a matter of investigation,” late Aditya’s father told news agency ANI. “I hope the government will fight for us.”
Aditya, a class XII student, was allegedly shot dead by Rakesh Ranjan alias Rocky Yadav for overtaking his vehicle near police line in Bihar’s Gaya district on May 8. The incident shocked the nation and prompted Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to order the police to request the court for a speedy trial into the matter. Apart from Yadav, the police had also filed a chargesheet against his cousin Teni Yadav, his father Bindi Yadav and his MLC mother’s bodyguard in the murder case.
“We have lost our child and he wont come back but still we are looking for justice. He (Rocky Yadav) should realise his mistake,” Aditya’s mother told ANI. She also alleged that the high court made the decision in Yadav’s favour without opening the case.
Rocky’s lawyer Y V Giri had argued in the court that there is no direct evidence of his client’s involvement in the incident.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016