Nine children died in drowning incidents in Bihar’s Kishanganj and Jehanabad districts on Sunday. Five children died while one child was stated to be in critical condition in three separate incidents of drowning in villages under Kochadhaman, Thakurganj and Kishanganj blocks of Kishanganj district, Kishangaj Sub-Divisional officer (SDO) Mohammad Shafique said.
Two girls drowned in a pond, while another girl was saved by villagers when they had gone to take a bath in Bishunpur panchayat of Kochadhaman police station of the district, he said.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The deceased have been identified as Guddi (10) and Roshan Parveen (7), the SDO said, adding another girl was saved by villagers and admitted to a local hospital where her condition is stated to be critical.
In another incident, Aniket Poddar (13) drowned in Kankai river when he had gone to take bath along with his friends, and slipped into deep waters in Galgiya village of Thakurganj block of the district, Shafique said.
The boy was rushed to a nearby primary health centre where the doctors declared him brought dead.
In another such incident, two boys drowned in river Mahananda near Odraghat of Kishanganj block of the district.
The boys identified as — Faiz (15) and Ayaan (16) had gone to take bath in the river along with their friends who swam to safety, he said, adding all bodies have been fished out of the pond and rivers.
In Jehanabad, four minor boys drowned in Falgu river near Jaaru village under Hallasganj police station.
The incident occurred when five children went into deep waters while taking bath. One of them swam to safety but others drowned. The survivor later informed the villagers who fished out the bodies.
Hallasganj police station SHO R P Yadav said the deceased have been identified as 8-year-old Kanhaiya Lal, Ravi Kumar (14), Phukan (10) and Vivek (11).
All the bodies have been sent to Jehanabad sadar hospital for post-mortem.