Fulfilling his ‘seven resolves’ commitment, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday launched three different schemes for students’ welfare under the scheme ‘Arthik Hal, Yuvaon Ko Bal’ aimed at improving the financial condition of youth.
Under the three separate schemes meant for students, Kumar launched ‘student credit card for providing education loan upto Rs 4 lakh’, ‘Swayam Sahayta Bhatta (unemployment allowance)’, and ‘Kushal Yuva Karyakram’ (skill development).
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
While speaking on the occasion, Kumar said: “We have started implementing many of the promises made under ‘seven resolves’…We believe in fulfilling our commitments what we promise. We are not like those who make pre-poll promises and later term them as ‘Jumla’.”
The state government has already implemented its one resolve of providing 35 per cent quota for women in government jobs five months back, Kumar said, adding that two schemes-‘Har Ghar Nal Ka Jal’ (piped drinking water to every household) and ‘Shauchalay Nirman, Ghar Ka Samman’ (toilet to every household)- have already been launched on September 27, 2016.
On the eve of Bihar poll, Kumar had announced his ‘seven resolves’.
The same was adopted by the grand secular alliance government as policy of governance for next five years.
Stating that the remaining schemes of ‘seven resolves’ would also be launched by the first week of November, Kumar said, “The work for implementation of all the schemes of seven resolves would be started by the time the government completes its one year in office when we will present report card.”
Talking about student’s credit card scheme, the CM said that with the launch of this scheme students would be able to get hassle-free education loan of upto Rs 4 lakh for pursuing higher education after completing 10+2.
The government has not only given guarantee to the Banks for payment of principal amount but has also given its guarantee for making payment of interest part, he said while expressing confidence that the move would help in increasing gross enrolment ratio from current 13 per cent to 30 to 35 per cent in few years.
The scheme would not only give opportunity to students who could not pursue higher education because of poverty and inability to pay the fee but would also pep up their morale, he said.
All these schemes have been framed keeping in mind the uplift of the last person of the society, Kumar said and emphasised that all the schemes of seven resolves are ‘universal’ without making any discrimination on the basis of religion, sex, caste etc.
The free wi-fi connectivity facility would be provided in all the universities by the end of February next year, he added.
Under ‘Kushal Yuva Karyakram’ (skill development programme), Kushal Yuva Kendra have been made in 534 blocks of the state for skill development where students will be imparted training for improving communication skill in ‘Hindi and English’ language besides ‘knowledge of computer’ which would help them find better job opportunities.
Under ‘Mukhyamantri Nishchay Swayam Sahayta Bhatta Yojana (unemployment allowance scheme), beneficiary (student) will get Rs 1,000 per month for two years for searching jobs.
Apart from the three schemes, there are two other schemes – start policy and venture capital fund- of ‘Arthik Hal, Yuvaon Ko Bal’ scheme. The new start-up policy has been apprved while provision for Rs 500 crore has been earmarked for venture capital fund, Kumar said.
Deputy Chief Minister Tejashwi Prasad Yadav, Water Resources Minister Rajiv Ranjan Singh alias Lalan Singh, Education Minister Ashok Choudhary, Labour Resources Minister Vijay Prakash were also present on the occasion besides a host of senior IAS officers led by Chief Secretary Anjani Kumar Singh.