Two sons of a businessman who were abducted allegedly for extortion were rescued by the police in Bihar’s Lakhisarai district. The abducted duo, identified as Suresh Chandra Sharma and Kapil Sharma, sons of Babulal Sharma, were kidnapped from Jai Prakash Narayan International Airport on Oct 22. They were rescued last night, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided a hideout in Pahadi area Tuesday and freed the abducted brothers from captivity, the Superintendent of Police Ashok Kumar said.
He said the two accused Ranjit Mandal and Sanjit Kumar have been arrested in this connection and four pistols, 15 live cartridges, food items and drugs have been seized from them.
Other accused including Ranjit Don, Lallu and Manoj Yadav wanted in connection with the case escaped in the hilly areas prior to the raid by the police, the SP said, adding search operation was on to nab the culprits.
The two brothers were kidnapped allegedly for extortion by unidentified persons from Jai Prakash Narayan International Airport at Patna soon after their arrival by a commercial flight on October 22.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The police had registered a case in this connection.