Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said mobile phone companies will invest in the state “in a big way” once the Samajwadi Smartphone scheme was implemented. “The demand for mobile phones will rise manifold once the state government implements the Smartphone scheme and hence, more mobile phone companies will come forward to invest in the state,” he said after the signing of an MoU between the state government and Samsung Electronics for an investment of Rs 2,000 crore in Noida.
The chief minister had announced the scheme to provide smartphones through which, the government will reach the people and apprise them of its achievements and works, but the distribution is scheduled to start from next year, after the completion of the state Assembly election process.
Akhilesh claimed that investments in the state were “rising” and job opportunities were being created for the youth because of the Samajwadi Party (SP) government’s policies.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
He said “a big project” will be brought to the state “soon” in association with Yoga guru Ramdev’s company and asserted that his government was working towards achieving “a balanced progress” of Uttar Pradesh.