Odisha Finance Minister Pradip Kumar Amat has been given additional charge of the Health and Welfare department after Atanu Sabyasachi Nayak tendered his resignation on moral grounds in the wake of the hospital fire tragedy.
A release from the Chief Minister’s Office said that the Information and Public Relations portfolio, which was held by Nayak, has been assigned to Forest and Environment minister Bikram Keshari Arukha.
Arukha, considered as the strong man from Ganjam, the home district of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, already holds the Parliamentary Affairs portfolio.
Both Amat and Arukha are senior ministers in the Naveen Patnaik Cabinet.
Amat, a seasoned politician, has earlier been in charge of many important ministries besides being Speaker of the Odisha Assembly.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Patnaik announced the change in portfolio hours after Nayak tendered his resignation as the Health minister last night.