The Madhya Pradesh Police on Sunday said that the acid was thrown on a college teacher in Bhopal by her brother-in-law.
“There was an incident of acid attack on a 24-year-old girl named Shailja Namedeo, who is a college teacher. The victim’s brother in law, who is a resident of Dongargarh, was putting pressure on the girl for marriage,” DIG Raman Singh Sikarwar told the media.
- Break criminals’ backs: Shivraj Singh Chouhan to officers
- Man arrested for girl’s murder, rape in Rohtak
- Meerut: Two held for acid attack on women athletes
- Madhya Pradesh: BJP suspends leader booked for molesting acid attack victim
- Molestation case against BJP leader in Madhya Pradesh
- Kolkata: Class 2 student allegedly sexually assaulted by teacher for two months, accused arrested
“After the girl denied his proposal several times, he took his friend Subham Tiwari from Dongargarh on a motorcycle. They reached MP Nagar in Bhopal on the 17th and stayed at Hotel Amar…They bought acid on their way which was kept in a bottle…They stopped her on the pretext of asking for an address and threw acid on her,” he added.
According to reports, Namdeo, a polytechnic teacher in a Bhopal college, has been admitted to Narmada hospital in critical condition. She has suffered severe burns on her shoulder and hand.
The police is further investigating the matter.