A PROVISION-STORE OWNER and his two sons were allegedly shot dead by a group of persons following a quarrel between two groups over distributing ‘niaz’ in Talaja town of Bhavnagar district late on Sunday night. Family members of Pyarali Madhwani, a provision-store owner and Gulam Abbas Bhurani, who owns a vegetable dehydration plant clashed in Imamvada area on Gopnath Road of Talaja at 11:30 pm, police said.
Members of the two families, who live in the same locality also had a heated exchange earlier in the day over distributing niaz (sweets, eatables distributed at the end of Majlis, a religious assembly in the moth of Muharrum).
Police said the tiff took an ugly turn late night and turned violent when the actual time for distributing the niaz came. They clashed with one another with sharp-aged weapon and iron pipes. Police said Gulam Abbas Bhurani opened fire from his revolver and killed Pyarali Madhvani and his sons Hussain (26) and Abbas (24). While Pyarli and Abbas died on the spot, Hussain succumbed to bullet wounds while being taken to hospital.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
Pyarali’s grandson Mahendi-Raza Madhvani was seriously injured while trying to shield the victims. Police said he had sustained stab wounds on his head was undergoing treatment at Sir T General Hospital in Bhavnagar city in a stable condition. “The two families had argument at around 7 pm and they clashed at around 11:30 pm. There was firing and three persons were killed while one was seriously injured,” Vanrajsinh Manjariya, in-charge deputy superintendent of Mahuva said.
Teenager stabbed to death
A teenage boy was allegedly stabbed to death by two men in Kumbharwada area of Bhavnagar city late on Sunday night. Police said Paresh Gohil (16) was stabbed multiple times by the two accused in Kumbharvada area at 11:30 pm on Sunday. In his complaint filed with Bor Taval police station, the victim’s elder brother Manoj mentioned Akshay Makwana and Dhiru Makwana, both residents of Bhavnagar as accused. He also named one Anju and Satish as suspects. Police said one Pravin alias Daud had eloped with daughter of one Pravina some time ago. Anju suspected that Paresh had helped Pravin in that act.