A 15- year-old school girl committed suicide at her residence in Subhashnagar, Chikkajala in North-East Bengaluru on Monday after she was stripped and photographed by a gang of miscreants. The deceased has been identified as a class VIII student at the Government High School in Chikkajala and the daughter of a daily wage earner. The girl left behind a note stating that four persons took photographs of her after forcibly removing her clothes while she was returning home from school on Monday.
“Krishnamurthy, Mohan and their friends are responsible. Me and my family want justice for this. They may argue that this was not written by me. But, these are my words,” the girl stated in a note written in Kannada. Vikas Kumar Vikas, Deputy Commissioner of Police (North-East division) said the two persons identified by the girl as Krishnamurty and Mohan have been arrested.
The Chikkajala police sources said that there was a clash between Mohan’s family and Sangeetha’s family over a small issue on Saturday. Kaliyappa, the father of the girl had approached the police and complained against Mohan and his family members.
- Teacher, teen daughter found hanging in Najafgarh home
- Bengaluru: Kidnappers ambushed by victims’ friends, one killed
- 16-year-old hangs herself in Noida home after being ‘stalked, harassed’ by 3 men
- 21-yr-old CA aspirant fails exam,ends life
- Sexual harrasment case: Mothers of victim girl and accused boy slug it out in open
- Suspecting infidelity,Delhi youth strangulates girlfriend
The police did not register a case but sent the families away after advising them to settle the issue. But, on Monday, Mohan and his friends allegedly harassed the girl.
DCP Vikas said he had asked the jurisdictional Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) to conduct an enquiry into the matter.