A five-year-old boy from Bengaluru slipped into coma during surgery after he had injured two of his fingers on June 10.
The victim’s family accused hospital of negligence. His father Purushottam told ANI that the school authorities called him and informed that his son Lakshay had injured his two fingers and was taken to a hospital.
“The hospital authorities demanded Rs. 60,000 and said the surgery needs to be done in six hours,” he told ANI.
Bengaluru: It has been nine days & he is still in coma. The hospital didn’t call or even ask about my son: Victim’s father Purushottam
— ANI (@ANI_news) June 20, 2016
- Woman dies at GMCH-32, kin blame doctors for negligence
- When a hospital shuts down overnight in Delhi, it’s difficult to be patient
- Blood in short supply, surgeries in Mumbai hospitals face risk of getting postponed
- 10-year-old girl rape case: Victim’s father had molested my daughter 2 yrs ago, says elder uncle
- POCSO Act case against Imam: 8-year-old girl was sexually assaulted thrice, says family
- Elphinstone road station stampede: Last injured victim leaves hospital, wants to join Railways
He also said that after the surgery, the doctors told him that his son Lakshay was suffering from a heart problem. “Before the surgery, my son was fine,” he added.
Further details are awaited.