A five-year-old boy from Bengaluru slipped into coma during surgery after he had injured two of his fingers on June 10.
The victim’s family accused hospital of negligence. His father Purushottam told ANI that the school authorities called him and informed that his son Lakshay had injured his two fingers and was taken to a hospital.
“The hospital authorities demanded Rs. 60,000 and said the surgery needs to be done in six hours,” he told ANI.
Bengaluru: It has been nine days & he is still in coma. The hospital didn’t call or even ask about my son: Victim’s father Purushottam
— ANI (@ANI_news) June 20, 2016
- In Gujarat hospital: Two policewomen, a baby of 11-year-old mother fighting for life
- 400 quizzed, no leads yet in child sexual abuse case that ‘led 2 to suicide’
- Severed leg used as prop in Uttar Pradesh hospital, no one saw who did it
- Tarapur MIDC factory blast: Security guard, rushed from one hospital to another, dies
- Thrashed on Holi by group of drunk men, 35-year-old dies
- Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana: Even as state brings national health insurance scheme, it needs to tackle issues in MPJAY
He also said that after the surgery, the doctors told him that his son Lakshay was suffering from a heart problem. “Before the surgery, my son was fine,” he added.
Further details are awaited.