Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Thursday announced compensation of Rs 2 lakh each to the next of kin of the victims of Barkagaon firing incident which took place on October 1. The injured would get a compensation of Rs 25,000 each. Four persons were killed and over a dozen were injured in the pitched clashes between the police and the public in Dadi Kala village following the arrest of Congress MLA from Barkagaon, Nirmala Devi.
The mob had freed Nirmala Devi and also seriously assaulted an Additional SP and Circle Officer, following which the firing took place. Among the dead were three students and a labourer. According to an official statement, the CM announced the compensation from his discretionary fund.
Meanwhile, the BJP continued to attack Congress leaders Yogendra Saw and his wife Nirmala Devi for instigating the mob. State BJP president Laxman Gilua, in a press conference, said that it was for their personal gains that these leaders were misguiding the gullible villagers. The government is constantly working for a better package to the farmers and it has already been decided to enhance the compensation to the villagers to Rs 20 lakh per acre, he said. Asked about innocents being killed in the firing, Gilua said that the state government has ordered an inquiry and the truth would come out soon.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen