One BSF jawan was killed while another injured when terrorists tonight carried out a ‘fidayeen’ (suicide) attack on a BSF and adjoining army camps in Baramulla, barely four days after the Indian Special Forces smashed seven terror launch pads during a surgical strike across the Line of Control (LoC).
The terrorist, who ganied entry into the 46 RR camp through an adjoining BSF camp, fired indiscriminately and lobbed grenades as well. During the firing, two BSF jawans were injured who were rushed to the nearby hospital, officials said, adding one of the personnel succumbed to injuries at the operation table.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The spokesman for Srinagar-based XV corps Col Rajesh Kalia said terrorists fired at an army camp at Jabanzpora in Baramulla and the firing was still on.
The skies in Baramulla, 54 kms from here, saw illuminators being fired by the army to locate the terrorists who had sneaked into the 46 battalion of Rashtriya Rifles.
Watch | Baramulla attack: Situation contained and under control, says Army
— ANI (@ANI_news) October 2, 2016
Sources said there was some firing from adjacent houses located near the camp, which is located on the banks of river Jhelum.
However, the official Twitter handle of Udhampur-based Northern Command said “Baramulla Incident situation contained and under control”.
The attack comes despite intelligence inputs about possible terrorist attacks on security installations in Jammu and Kashmir after the Indian army carried out surgical strikes on September 29.
Sunday’s strike comes exactly a fortnight after terrorists struck at army brigade headquarters at Uri, 102 kms from here killing 19 soldiers.