A BANK manager at Rohtak’s Cooperative Bank died of a heart attack after reportedly staying round the clock in the bank for three consecutive days to manage the heavy rush of customers.
Rajesh Kumar (57) was found dead in his cabin Wednesday. A security guard who reached the bank in the morning knocked at his door, but got no response. He alerted other employees of the bank who called the police. The police then broke open the door. Kumar was rushed to hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead.
A police officer said bank staff told them that Rajesh had been working frantically for the past three days. Owing to the rush, he had been sleeping in his chamber and had not gone home. The officer added that he had been taking medication for heart disease. Kumar, who belongs to Gurgaon, is survived by his wife and two children. After his death, work at the bank was suspended.
In Haryana, more than Rs 1,400 crore in new currency notes has been disbursed since the order for demonetisation. The state had offered to provide its own staff to the banks to help maintain the queues.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More