Thirteen members belonging to veteran leader of cooperative sector and Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare Shankarbhai Chaudhari panel have been declared elected unopposed in the Banaskantha District Central Co-operative Bank Ltd board of directors elections. The last date for withdrawal of nominations is October 10, by that time, a few more candidates of the Chaudhari panel are expected to be declared elected unopposed, said a close confidante of Chaudhari.
Earlier this year, Chaudhari and his team had swept the election to the board of directors of Banas Dairy and created a history of sorts by bringing an end to monopolistic control of Parthi Bhatol who was at the helm for 25 years till then.
In Banas Bank, reign of Chaudhari is continuing as the chairman since 2006. Under his chairmanship, the deposits of the bank have increased from Rs 230 crore to Rs 1,250 crore and the number of branches has gone up to 150. It has been giving loans to farmers at a nominal rate of one per cent interest, which has earned their trust for Chaudhari.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
In the previous election to the bank’s board of directors, all 16 members of the Chaudhari panel had been elected unopposed. Three seats have been added to the board of directors this time because of addition of new talukas in Banaskantha district.
Sources said efforts were on to convince Sanjay Rabari, son of Congress leader Gova Rabari to withdraw his nomination on the Deesa seat. The picture will be clear on Monday, they said. If needed, election for a few seats will have to be held on October 20, the election day.