Two balloons purportedly from Pakistan with a message for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Urdu were found in a village near Dinanagar in Punjab. At 11:30 pm on Friday, yellow-coloured balloons with a note in Urdu saying “Modiji, Ayub ki talwarein abhi hamare paas hain, Islam zindabad” were first spotted by Chanan Singh, a guard of village Kesal outside his house. The ballons were later handed over to the Dinanagar police.
Deep tensions remain between India and Pakistan post the Indian Army’s surgical strikes against terrorist camps in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) on Thursday. The border areas are on a security alert and notably, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal was on a visit to the border districts of Gurdaspur and Pathankot today to review the arrangements for the safe evacuations of villagers in apprehension of retaliation by Pakistan.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
In July, a balloon with a picture of Pakistan flag with the message ‘I love Pakistan’ was recovered from Dinanagar. Last year, armed terrorists had attacked a police station at Dinanagar town in Gurdaspur district, killing seven people along with the Superintendent of Police.