President Pranab Mukherjee has condoled the death of Nirankari Mission head Hardev Singh saying the nation has lost a spiritual leader whose insightful teachings inspired people to follow the path of kindness and compassion.
62-year-old Hardev Singh was killed in a road accident in Canada on Friday.
In a condolence message to Singh’s wife, Sawinder Nirankari, the President said, “I am sad and distressed to learn about the untimely demise of Baba Hardev Singh. Words are difficult to give solace at this moment of deep loss to you and your family.”
- Why deras and sects find Punjab fertile for growth
- Nirankari mission gets its first woman chief
- Hardev Singh’s death: Punjab political parties play safe
- Baba Nirankari Hardev Singh dead, hundreds gather to mourn him
- Baba Hardev Singh, head of Nirankari sect: Everything you need to know about him
- Nirankari head Baba Hardev Singh killed in car accident in Canada
Baba Hardev Singh was a pious soul, always concerned about the welfare of the community, Mukherjee said.
“He provided able leadership to the Sant Nirankari Mission during his 36 years at its helm. In his death, the nation has lost a spiritual leader whose insightful teachings inspired people to follow the path of kindness and compassion.
“Please accept my heartfelt condolences and convey the same to the rest of your family members and countless followers of Baba Hardev Singh in India and abroad. I pray to the Almighty to give you and other members of the family strength and courage to bear this irreparable loss,” the President said.