Attacking BSP supremo Mayawati for asking Muslims not to “waste” their votes on SP as it would benefit BJP, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today said they still remember BSP’s proximity with BJP.
“She (Mayawati) says Samajwadis are divided while advising Muslims not to vote for SP. They (Muslims) know how close SP is to them. They have not forgotten who celebrated Rakshabandhan and who went to Gujarat for campaigning (for BJP),” Akhilesh said.
He was referring to Mayawati tying ‘rakhi’ to BJP leader Lalji Tondon and her campaigning in support of BJP in Gujarat. Putting Mayawati on the dock for her earlier alliance with BJP, Akhilesh asked, “Can she give assurance that if a majority govornment is not formed, she would not take the support of BJP.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
On Mayawati’s promise of giving out cash in place of smartphones, Akhilesh alleged that she is “infamous for cash. She has the habit of taking cash. Those who leave BSP blame her (Mayawati) love of cash as the reason”.
“We have not yet made our election manifesto but they (opposition) are afraid. People have not yet forgotten doctor and engineer murder cases in the BSP regime and the wastage of money in constructing memorials. Her rallies also claim lives of people whenever they are held,” he said.
On Mayawati’s demand for division of UP into smaller states, Akhilesh said those talking of division could also divide the country as it was also very big.
“You talk of dividing the state…the country is also very big. You can divide it for your own interest,” he said.
Attacking BJP, Akhilesh claimed the party was used to lying.
“Where ever I go, from Muzaffarnagar to Ghazipur, people say BJP men lie a lot. I have yet to witness ‘acche din’, after the formation of Niti Aayog, UP has lost Rs 9000 crore. We are running schemes from our own resources,” he said.
Claiming that if people of the state vote for development they would elect SP government again, Akhilesh said the SP government has taken a lead on the development front. On opposition’s allegations that his government did not distribute tablets to student as promised, Akhilesh said in a lighter vein, “They (opposition) have given so many tablets (medicine) to people that they are no more needed”.
The CM on the occasion launched smartphone registration portal and an app related to traffic police. He also highlighted his laptop distribution schemes and claimed that it “brought a change in the lives of students”.