The attack on an RSS worker allegedly by CPM workers in Kannur on March 9 was raised by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh during a discussion with Kerala Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala.
“I have spoken to the Kerala Home Minister. He has assured me that he will take proper action,” Singh told reporters in New Delhi on Friday.
- Kerala: Six RSS workers held for threatening Malayalam poet, CMO orders probe
- ‘Kannur murder retaliation to BJP-RSS attack’
- Two CPM workers attacked in Kerala
- CPM rebukes P Jayarajan for ‘outgrowing’ party
- BJP’s Jan Raksha Yatra culminates at Thiruvananthapuram: Here is all you need to know
- RSS-BJP against President’s rule in Kerala says senior RSS leader
According to the police, 39-year-old E K Biju, who was an RSS worker, was driving an auto-rickshaw with five schoolchildren in Kannur district on March 9 morning.
He was waylaid, pulled out of the auto and attacked, allegedly by six suspected CPM workers, in presence of the children, all aged below 10 years.