Four teachers booked in an FIR for thrashing 13-year old Atharva Gupta, a student of DAV Public School Pakhowal Road, were granted interim bail by a local court on Monday. The next hearing has been scheduled for October 24. On October 4, the special investigation team of the police, at a press conference, said all four teachers were accused of “brutally beating up” Atharva.
On Monday, advocates of both parties appeared in the court and argued before additional session judge SK Singla, who gave the interim bail orders.
Atul Gupta, father of the boy, said, “I am very disappointed with the police as they failed to make any arrest in the case despite FIR being registered on September 13. We will move High Court if they are given bail extension.”
The boy was allegedly beaten by the teachers on September 8 for speaking to a girl and holding her hand in school premises.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Later, police booked the principal and four teachers in FIR. Police said Atharva jumped from the building after he was physically and mentally tortured by the teachers. Atharva, who denied that he jumped, is bed-ridden.
Police registered FIR against four teachers Tajinder Kaur, Gopal Das, Naveen and Rajiv Panwar for “beating and torturing” the child.