The night temperature across Kashmir division, except in Kargil, continued to stay above freezing point, providing relief to the people, even as the Valley remained engulfed under a thick layer of fog. Srinagar recorded the minimum temperature of 1.8 degrees Celsius, same as the previous night, an official of the Meteorological Department here said.
Kupwara, in north Kashmir, registered the low of 2.4 degrees Celsius compared to the previous night s 2.1 degrees Celsius. The minimum in Kokernag town in south settled at 3.9 degrees Celsius, an increase of over three degrees from 0.8 degree Celsius yesterday, the official said.
The famous ski-resort of Gulmarg in north Kashmir registered the low of 1.0 degrees Celsius, same as the previous night, he said, adding Qazigund, the gateway town to Kashmir Valley recorded the low of 1.6 degrees Celsius.
The official said the hill resort of Pahalgam in south Kashmir recorded the minimum of 1.6 degrees Celsius as compared to 1. 6 degrees Celsius yesterday.
The MeT has forecast light rain or snow at isolated places over the state over the next two days.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
He said the night temperature in the Leh town, in Ladakh region, also settled above the freezing point at the low of 0.3 degree Celsius against the previous night s minus 2.2 degrees Celsius.
The nearby Kargil town was the only place in the state where the night temperature settled below the freezing point at minimum of minus 1.5 degrees Celsius against the previous night’s minus 1.8 degrees Celsius, the official said.
The higher reaches of Kashmir received the season’s first snowfall on Monday, but the weather has remained dry since then.
However, a thick layer of fog continued to engulf many areas in the Valley, including in the summer capital here.