As many as 8,900 cases were found to be “false or mistake of fact or law” under the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act in 2015, with more than half of them being reported from Rajasthan, the Lok Sabha was informed today.
Referring to the data of National Crime Records Bureau in this regard, Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Vijay Sampla said that Andhra Pradesh has reported second highest number, 1,099 cases while Bihar recorded 664 cases under the category in 2015.
Telangana reported 477 such cases while Uttar Pradesh 400, he added.
In 2014, total number of cases stood at 9,704 with Rajasthan reporting the highest number at 5,018 under the category of “false/mistake of fact or law” followed by Andhra Pradesh (957) and Bihar (670).
In 2013, 9,253 such cases were registered with Rajasthan reporting 4,416 cases followed by Andhra Pradesh (1511) and Bihar (686).
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest