A day after being discharged from hospital, Haryana Pradesh Congress Committee president Ashok Tanwar pointed his finger towards former chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda alleging that his supporters had attacked him. Terming it a murderous assault, Tanwar said that he was not given proper treatment at the hospital where he was admitted after the incident, forcing him to shift to another hospital.
The Congress leader was injured following a clash between his and Hooda’s supporters while they were waiting in New Delhi to welcome party vice-president Rahul Gandhi who was returning after completing his Kisan Yatra. The Delhi Police had registered a case on a complaint given by Navdeep Singh Dalal, a supporter of Tanwar. Among those named in the FIR is Hooda’s personal security officer Satish Rathi.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Talking to The Indian Express, Tanwar said, “I have a head and spine injury and have been recommended three-week bed rest. The incident is the handiwork of frustrated and power hungry people who have not been able to accept how the Congress has been strengthened. It was a well planned conspiracy. The PSO deliberately hit me with a stick on my head. What else can you call it?”
Tanwar said that they (Hooda camp) got people for the event by offering them liquor while his supporters who outnumbered them came on their own. “They had sticks and rods with them. If I had not stopped them the situation could have escalated. There would have been firing as well.
They tore our hoardings and posters and then attacked me. The police initially told me that I will be taken to AIIMS. However, at the last minute I was taken to the RML hospital. It was again a conspiracy and my treatment was delayed. I was not treated for three days. When I said that I was having pain, I was told that it was due to trauma. Then I shifted to Sri Ganga Ram Hospital,” he said.
Stating that he will soon be recording his statement with the police and will give a detailed account of what transpired, Tanwar said, “It is for the party high command to take note of the incident and take action.
When contacted, Hooda said that he was not aware about the statement made by Tanwar. “I have said earlier that I had sent my PSO to stop the clash between the workers. That is all I can say,” clarified Hooda.
Meanwhile, issuing a statement today, MLAs of the Hooda camp, Geeta Bhukkal, Uday Bhan, Jaiveer and Shakuntala Khatak as well as another Dalit Congress leader Sudhir Choudhary condemned the incident. The leaders said that Tanwar was a leader not just of Dalits, but of the entire Congress party.
Talking to The Indian Express, Bhukkal said that whatever that happened during the event at Delhi was unfortunate. She said that some leaders have written to the party president to initiate action against those who are tearing posters of senior Congress leaders in different districts.