Maharashtra Congress chief Ashok Chavan Tuesday held the NCP responsible for letting the ruling BJP-Sena alliance bag an additional seat each in the biennial elections to the state Legislative Council. Chavan, while reacting to the election results declared today, said instead of fighting six seats together in a 3:3 ratio, NCP stitched up an “unholy alliance” with Sena-BJP only to deny Congress two additional seats. NCP supported Shiv Sena in Yavatmal and BJP in Jalgaon by withdrawing its candidates. Similarly, Shiv Sena supported NCP in Pune. Even in Nanded, NCP joined Sena-BJP to support an independent against Congress’ Amar Rajurkar, state Congress spokesman Sachin Sawant said.
Watch What Else Is Making News
He said Congress withdrew its candidate in Jalgaon after BJP-NCP joined hands since the party did not have the numbers.
Chavan said if NCP had agreed to the 3:3 formula leaving Yavatmal and Sangli-Satara for Congress, both parties would have easily won all the six seats.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
He hoped the NCP would learn its lesson and ensure its future actions do not support the Sena-BJP combine.
NCP party could win only one of the four seats it held during the biennial elections to the six local bodies constituencies in the state Legislative Council.
The party retained only Pune local bodies seat while the Congress retained Nanded and wrested Sangli-Satara local bodies constituency from NCP. The BJP retained the Jalgaon local bodies seat.
The Sharad Pawar-led party lost Bhandara-Gondia to BJP and Yavatmal to Shiv Sena.