A total amount of Rs 1.27 crore was received at Mata Mansa Devi shrine in the form of donation, as Navratri concluded here on Monday. The celebrations for Ashwin Navratra had started on October 1,which was inaugurated by Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki. A donation of Rs 16 lakh was received on the last day, while it was Rs 15.32 lakh on ashtmi — the eighth day.
“The last two days of the Navratra, maha-ashtmi and maha-navami recorded the maximum turnout of devotees. A total donation of Rs 33.48 lakh was received on the last two days at the temple,” said V G Goel, Chairman, Mata Mansa Devi Shrine Board. This year, the donations were higher than the last Navratra in 2015, when Rs 1.12 crore wwas received by the temple authorities. In 2014, a donation of Rs 1.18 crores was received.
During the Navratras in April, donations worth Rs 1. 44 crore were made at the Mata Mansa Devi — higher than the last year when Rs 1.34 crore was collected. “This year, the donations were higher than last year for both the Navratras. The money would be used for the development of the shrine and for its upkeep and maintenance. A part of it is also given to solemnise weddings of poor girls,” said Goel.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Development works worth Rs 3.21 crore are under progress in the temple premises, which includes installation of solar energy system and expansion of parikrama of the main temple. In last two years, total development works worth Rs 2.88 crore were carried out. Apart from cash, the donations also comprised a large number of jewellery items, utensils, electrical items, fans, lights, wall clocks, ghee containers and foreign currency notes.