The Surat chapter of Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) Wednesday celebrated PAAS convenor Hardik Patel’s birthday by cutting 23-kg cake and distributing it among the Patidar youths. The Patidar quota agitation leader turned 23 on Wednesday.
Surat PAAS co-convenor Nikhil Sawani said, “The cake was cut by Hardik’s parents at Saurashtra Patel Samaj Wadi at Mini bazaar in Varachha area. We have also sowed plants in Punagam area and several people belonging to Patidar community participated in the blood donation camp organised in Patel wadi in Katargam, Varachha and Punagam.
Surat PAAS also had purchased school academic books from the market and which had been weighed to weight of parents of Hardik patel and it would be donated to Patel library in Varachha. The parents of Hardik Patel were later weighed in blood units by the Surat PAAS team.
- Hosted Felicitation Of BJP Leaders: Surat school gets notice for Rs 62 lakh tax dues
- Youth with hardik, not all patidars: Despite Patidar, GST anger, BJP sweeps Surat
- Hardik Patel: The Man in the Middle
- PAAS plans Hardik roadshow in Surat
- In Surat, another BJP leader faces Patidar anger
- Gujarat Assembly elections: In Surat’s Patidar stronghold, going gets tough for BJP
The actual figure of the units collected is not yet known, but Patidar youths were donating blood till late on Wednesday.
Bharatbhai Patel, Hardik’s father, said, “Hardik’s birthday was different last year. He was with us and we all cut cake and ate in our house. There was no one else except our family members. Now, the scene has changed. There are hundreds of people celebrating his birthday. But Hardik is not with us in Surat. We called him in the morning and congratulated him on his birthday.”