Delhi chief minister and Aam Aadmi Party convener Arvind Kejriwal, was given a rousing reception by AAP leaders and volunteers after he landed at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Airport in Ahmedabad on Friday evening. He was accompanied by AAP leader Sanjay Singh. In a brief chat with mediapersons after coming out of the airport, Kejriwal said: “I am on a three-day Gujarat yatra. I have a rally in Surat on October 16 to discuss issues pertaining to Gujarat. I will consult people if AAP should fight the forthcoming assembly elections? But Amit Shah and BJP are trying to put obstruction for the rally. But this is a rally for the people of Gujarat. If they(Amit Shah and BJP) do so, they will be harming the interest of Gujarat. But I hope they will not do so”.
Immediately after, he proceeded for Mahesana with Sanjay Singh, state party in-charge and Delhi MLA Gulab Singh Yadav and Dr. kanubhai Kalsaria by road. In a tweet, he also criticised Delhi police for obtaining non-bailable arrest warrant against Gulab Singh Yadav in what he said “in a completely false case”. “Will Gulab Singh be arrested before the rally?”, Kejriwal asked in another tweet. Reacting to the arrest warrant, Yadav told mediapersons, “what to talk of arrest? We have fallen in love with death. The people of Gujarat will soon announce their verdict against BJP”.
“The arrest warrant is intended to put hurdles in the way of the rally. But we are not afraid of it”, Yadav said. On Saturday, Kejriwal will be meeting the relatives of the patidars who were killed during patidar reservation agitation in August 2015. Some of the deceased belonged to Mahesana and others to Ahmedabad. He will also go to Umiya Mata temple at Unjha town, reverred by Patidars. On October 16, Kejriwal will be addressing a public meeting at Surat.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing