Shocked by the gruesome murder of journalist Dharmendra Kumar Singh by unidentified assailants at Amra in Bihar on Saturday, the Arunachal Pradesh press fraternity condemned the incident with strongest term and urged the Bihar government to bring justice to aggrieved family members. Singh, who was working with a prominent Hindi newspaper, was gunned down by unidentified motorcycle-borne assailants on Saturday morning, making it the second murder of a journalist in the state in the past six months.
In a joint statement issued on Sunday, the Arunachal Press Club (APC), Arunachal Pradesh Union of Working Journalists (APUWJ) and Arunachal Electronic Media Association (AEMA) expressed deep shocked at killing of fierce journalist, who take on powerful local mafias in many occasions through his writings.
The fraternity termed the incident as “cowardice attempt” to muzzle down the freedom of speech. The fraternity urged the Bihar government to come up with a mechanism to protect scribes in the state so that crusaders of freedom of speech should not be cowed down.
“The murder of the journalist reflects the law and order situation of the state, and it is duty of the welfare government of Bihar to protect the press fraternity and ensure safety to all scribes in the state,” they said in a statement.
The statement further added that perpetrators should be brought to justice and should be awarded exemplary punishment, so that it sends message across.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Expressing solidarity with the media fraternity in Bihar as well as with aggrieved family, the APC, APUWJ and AEMA stated that courageous and fierce writings of late Singh would embolden and inspired working journalists across the India.