The questioning of an arrested Surankote youth by the Jammu and Kashmir Police has revealed an espionage racket involving conduits from Pakistan to J&K, Punjab and Abu Dhabi.
On Saturday, Sajjad Hussain (24) of Marhot, was handed over to the Punjab Police following revelations about his involvement in espionage activities in Mamoon Cantonment in Pathankot, where terrorists attacked the IAF airbase last month. A team of Punjab Police visited Poonch and obtained Sajjad’s 15-day transit remand. His cousin Irshad Ahmed, also from Surankote, is among two persons already in custody of Punjab Police in the espionage case.
According to sources, during preliminary questioning, Irshad disclosed sending photographs to Sajjad on his cellphone. He claimed that Sajjad allegedly sent them to his handlers in Pakistan.
Sources said Sajjad undertook a computer training course at the local Himayat Centre, which is part of an initiative by the Centre to help youth find employment. He then worked for a call centre in Chandigarh. Two months ago, he returned to Poonch and started raising funds for the 2014 flood victims.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Last month, a team from Surankote police station picked him for questioning in connection with an arms case. While no link was established between him and the weapons, Sajjad disclosed getting money from one Zubair, a Pakistani settled in Abu Dhabi, for Irshad. The police then apprehended one Hafeez Ahmed of Morah Bacchai, whom Sajjad had handed over his phone at the time he was picked by the police. Sources said Sajjad had deleted the photographs allegedly received from Irshad while handing over the phone to him.