As many as 984 graduates and five MPhil degree holders have applied for the five ‘hamal’ (porter) posts in Maharashtra, a senior official said.
The minimum educational qualification for the post is just fourth standard pass.
- SSC recruitment 2018: Apply for 1223 posts at ssc.nic.in
- RRB recruitment 2018: Indian Railways to hire 9500 candidates in RPF
- SBI specialist cadre hiring 2018: Apply for 119 officer posts; check eligibility criteria and salary details
- SSB is hiring: Apply for specialist/medical officer post, earn upto Rs 80,000 per month
- PGCIL is looking for Diploma/Officer trainees, pay package and registration details
- Union Bank of India recruitment 2018: Apply for forex, integrated treasury officers posts
“We have received applications from 2,424 candidates for the five ‘hamal’ posts. They include 5 MPhil holder, 9 PG diploma holders, 109 diploma holders and 253 with PG degree,” Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) Secretary Rajendra Mangrulkar said.
The exam for the class D post is likely to be conducted in August, he said. Among the applicants,984 are graduates,605 HSC (class12), 282 SSC (class 10) pass candidates, and 177 below SSC.
MPSC had advertised for these posts in December 2015. The age limit for the posts is 18-33 years. In the written test, candidates will be examined for their linguistic ability and basic maths skills.