As many as 984 graduates and five MPhil degree holders have applied for the five ‘hamal’ (porter) posts in Maharashtra, a senior official said.
The minimum educational qualification for the post is just fourth standard pass.
- Maharashtra council polls: 87 candidates face criminal charges
- AAI recruitment 2017-18: Apply for junior assistant posts at aai.aero
- WAPCOS recruitment 2017: Apply for engineers and other posts at wapcos.gov.in
- BHEL apprentice recruitment 2017: Apply for 229 posts for graduate, diploma holders
- MPSC assistant section officer recruitment 2017: Apply for 107 posts at mpsc.gov.in
- Maharashtra TET 2017 results declared at mahatet.in, pass percentage drops
“We have received applications from 2,424 candidates for the five ‘hamal’ posts. They include 5 MPhil holder, 9 PG diploma holders, 109 diploma holders and 253 with PG degree,” Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) Secretary Rajendra Mangrulkar said.
The exam for the class D post is likely to be conducted in August, he said. Among the applicants,984 are graduates,605 HSC (class12), 282 SSC (class 10) pass candidates, and 177 below SSC.
MPSC had advertised for these posts in December 2015. The age limit for the posts is 18-33 years. In the written test, candidates will be examined for their linguistic ability and basic maths skills.