Chief of Army Staff General Dalbir Singh today visited the the Headquarters of Army’s Northern Command in Udhampur to review the operational status along the Line of Control, post the surgical strike against terrorist camps in Pakistan-Occupied-Kashmir (PoK). He was briefed about the security scenario on the international border.
During his visit, Singh also met the members of the team that carried out the surgical strikes in PoK on Thursday.
A senior officer of the Northern Command had earlier informed that Gen Dalbir Singh was in Udhampur to get an operational briefing from the staff officers of the Northern Command as well as an overview of the situation from Lt Gen DS Hooda, GOC-in-C Northern Command.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Watch What Else Is Making News
Post the surgical strikes, in addition to Kashmir valley, border areas like, Punjab, Rajasthan and Gujarat are on alert with the Border Security Force (BSF) deploying its units along the border as a precautionary measure. All civilian movement has been restricted along the borders with Pakistan. The Centre has asked BSF to provide manpower to local administrative bodies to help the people safely evacuate their homes.