Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Saturday said appropriate action would be taken if it was found that beedi tycoon Muhammed Nisham, now serving imprisonment for killing a security guard, had been provided undue facilities at Kannur central prison, where he is lodged.
WHAT ELSE IS MAKING NEWS
In a Facebook post, the Chief Minister said he had already sought immediate intervention and action on the matter from the jail authorities.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Media reports about Nisham getting various facilities in Kannur jail came to my notice. Details have been sought from the department”, he said in the post. Jail authorities have informed him that they had intervened and were taking appropriate action.
According to media reports, Nisham, who was convicted for the murder of the security guard by ramming his luxury car against him resulting in his death, was using two mobile phones in the prison and was in constant touch with his wife and business associates. His two brothers have complained that he had threatened them from the jail on his mobile phone.