Haryana Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Ankur Gupta today asked people to apply online for registering their names in the electoral rolls and informed that draft voter list will be published on October 1, while claims and objections can be filed up to October 31. To ensure error-free voter list, he urged the sarpanches, panches, zila parishad and block samiti members, councillors of municipal corporations and representatives of different political parties to deploy agents at the booth-level.
While in rural areas names of almost all people eligible to cast their ballot have been registered, there is a need to focus on carrying out registration of voters in urban areas, Gupta said after launching the state-level Summary Revision of Photo Electoral Rolls Programme in Panchkula. As per the orders of the Election Commission of India,
special summary revision of photo electoral rolls is being carried out in Kalka and Panchkula Assembly constituencies, he said.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
According to the schedule issued by the Election Commission, all eligible persons who would be 18 years of age as of January 1, 2017, can apply for registering their names in photo electoral rolls from October 1 to 31, Gupta said. Also, people can also apply to rectify any mistake and for removing the names of those who died or shifted to another
place, from the voter list, he said Disposal of claims and objections would take place by November 30 and the final electoral rolls would be published on January 10 next year.