Anupam Kher on Tuesday rubbished Pakistan High Commission’s claim that he had not applied for a visa to attend Karachi Literary Festival and expressed his disappointment at being the only guest to be denied a visa by the country.
“I am not angry with anybody. I am upset and somewhere I want to know the reason why only I have been been singled out,” said Anupam at a press conference.
Commenting on the possible reasons that could have forced Pakistan government from issuing him a clearance, Anupam said: “I am guessing the reason could be the fact that I am a Kashmiri Pandit. I am not playing a Kashmiri Pandit card or trying to divide people. Either it could be this reason or it could be the fact that I spoke about tolerance and intolerance and have taken a stand and applauded our Prime Minister.”
- Issue of Kashmiri Pandits should have been dealt like demonetisation: Anupam Kher
- 7 instances that chronicle @AnupamPkher, the angry man of Twitter
- Anupam Kher gets nostalgic in his hometown
- Anupam Kher stopped at Srinagar airport, denied permission to visit NIT campus
- Anupam Kher a great artiste, welcome to visit Pakistan: Abdul Basit tweets
- Award-wapsi season suddenly halted after Bihar elections: Anupam Kher
Armed with documents to prove that the organisers of the festival were in touch with the Pakistani High Commission to get a visa issued for him, Anupam debunked Pakistan’s claim that he had not applied for a visa.
“The clearance had to come from the Pakistan High Commission. Since the last 15 days I was ready with all my papers which are needed for issuing a visa post the receipt of clearance from the Pakistan government. Everyone else got their clearance and subsequently got their visas stamped. I learnt yesterday evening that I have not been given a clearance and hence a visa couldn’t be issued,” said Anupam.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More