Anupam Kher on Tuesday rubbished Pakistan High Commission’s claim that he had not applied for a visa to attend Karachi Literary Festival and expressed his disappointment at being the only guest to be denied a visa by the country.
“I am not angry with anybody. I am upset and somewhere I want to know the reason why only I have been been singled out,” said Anupam at a press conference.
Commenting on the possible reasons that could have forced Pakistan government from issuing him a clearance, Anupam said: “I am guessing the reason could be the fact that I am a Kashmiri Pandit. I am not playing a Kashmiri Pandit card or trying to divide people. Either it could be this reason or it could be the fact that I spoke about tolerance and intolerance and have taken a stand and applauded our Prime Minister.”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- 7 instances that chronicle @AnupamPkher, the angry man of Twitter
- Anupam Kher gets nostalgic in his hometown
- Anupam Kher stopped at Srinagar airport, denied permission to visit NIT campus
- Anupam Kher a great artiste, welcome to visit Pakistan: Abdul Basit tweets
- Remove Article 370 to solve Kashmir problem, says Anupam Kher
- Award-wapsi season suddenly halted after Bihar elections: Anupam Kher
Armed with documents to prove that the organisers of the festival were in touch with the Pakistani High Commission to get a visa issued for him, Anupam debunked Pakistan’s claim that he had not applied for a visa.
“The clearance had to come from the Pakistan High Commission. Since the last 15 days I was ready with all my papers which are needed for issuing a visa post the receipt of clearance from the Pakistan government. Everyone else got their clearance and subsequently got their visas stamped. I learnt yesterday evening that I have not been given a clearance and hence a visa couldn’t be issued,” said Anupam.