Anupam Kher on Pakistan denying visa: I am not angry with anybody but upset

Commenting on the possible reasons that could have forced Pakistan government from issuing him a clearance, Anupam Kher said: "I am guessing the reason could be the fact that I am a Kashmiri Pandit..."

Written by Sonup Sahadevan | Mumbai | Updated: February 2, 2016 8:02 pm
Anupam Kher, Pakistan Anupam Kher, Anupam Kher pakistan Jaipur: Bollywood actor Anupam Kher speaks during a session at the Jaipur Literature Festival. (Source: file photo/ PTI Photo)

Anupam Kher on Tuesday rubbished Pakistan High Commission’s claim that he had not applied for a visa to attend Karachi Literary Festival and expressed his disappointment at being the only guest to be denied a visa by the country.

“I am not angry with anybody. I am upset and somewhere I want to know the reason why only I have been been singled out,” said Anupam at a press conference.

Commenting on the possible reasons that could have forced Pakistan government from issuing him a clearance, Anupam said: “I am guessing the reason could be the fact that I am a Kashmiri Pandit. I am not playing a Kashmiri Pandit card or trying to divide people. Either it could be this reason or it could be the fact that I spoke about tolerance and intolerance and have taken a stand and applauded our Prime Minister.”

Related Article

Armed with documents to prove that the organisers of the festival were in touch with the Pakistani High Commission to get a visa issued for him, Anupam debunked Pakistan’s claim that he had not applied for a visa.

“The clearance had to come from the Pakistan High Commission. Since the last 15 days I was ready with all my papers which are needed for issuing a visa post the receipt of clearance from the Pakistan government. Everyone else got their clearance and subsequently got their visas stamped. I learnt yesterday evening that I have not been given a clearance and hence a visa couldn’t be issued,” said Anupam.

Amit
    Feb 2, 2016 at 4:27 pm
    At first u should not apply !just stay around Sansad bhavan and u will be fine.
    1. V
      Vipul
      Feb 2, 2016 at 6:42 pm
      You should take another march from Jantar Mantar to Jantar Mantar!0
      1. b
        barb.Aryans
        Feb 2, 2016 at 6:46 pm
        It's is good for stan to keep out brahmins who were driven out kicked out 2000 years back. At least stan is living with one less trouble, brahmins!
          Kalki
          Feb 2, 2016 at 3:38 pm
          ये आदमी आखिर देश के किस अहम् पद पर बैठा है जो इसकी हर मूर्खता की बात को मीडिया वाले दिखाते हैं । फ़िल्मी दुनिया में इससे बहुत अच्छे कलाकार हैं जिन्हें कोई प्रमुखता नहीं देता
            Abdul Rawoof
            Feb 2, 2016 at 9:50 pm
            Due to your loose talk against stani Cricket team playing in India and your negative remarks, stan has kept you out and humiliated you. So Next time Mr. Kher be within your limit.
            1. J
              Jawad
              Feb 2, 2016 at 11:55 pm
              Kher is crying hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahha hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahha
              1. J
                Jawad
                Feb 2, 2016 at 11:50 pm
                Why do you blackies are upset of stan refuse to give u visa??? This is not the first time it happened. Mr.kher stop crying your making ur w blackie nation embarr
                  Kabir
                  Feb 2, 2016 at 7:55 pm
                  Send him to stan anyway without visa. He is now trained chaddi, he can fight with the terrorists all by himself. After all he is a Brahman with all the gods in his control.