Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit on Wednesday called up actor Anupam Kher and offered him a visa to travel across the border for the Karachi literary festival. The actor, however, turned down the offer saying he had taken up other assignments on the scheduled dates.
Kher, who claims he has been denied a Pakistani visa three times, was one of the 18 Indians invited by the organisers to the four-day event starting Friday. Except Kher, 17 others, including senior Congress leader Salman Khurshid and actor Nandita Das, were granted visas. But after a controversy erupted, the Pakistan High Commission claimed that Kher had not submitted any visa application.
In a tweet on Tuesday night, Basit said, “I don’t know who told you about this so-called NoC, we are still to receive your visa application and passport.”
On Wednesday, however, Basit asked Kher to submit his visa papers in order to facilitate his travel to Pakistan.
But Kher replied, “Unfortunately, I’ve given away those dates now.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched