Attacking the union government over the alleged suicide of an ex-serviceman, social activist Anna Hazare Wednesday asked why the Centre had devised an “imperfect” OROP scheme. 70-year-old ex-serviceman Ram Kishan Grewal, a resident of Haryana’s Bhiwani district, ended his life last evening by consuming poison on the lawns of a government building in Janpath in New Delhi.
“The Centre and leaders are speaking about bravery of soldiers with much pride. But then why the lacunae were kept in OROP for the past soldiers. Grewal’s death has raised many questions and the Centre has to answer them,” Hazare told PTI.
Hazare, an ex-serviceman himself, reminded that he had demonstrated for One-Rank-One-Pension (OROP) in the past.
The veteran activist said that citizens of the country were “hurt due to the approach by the Centre”.
The alleged suicide of an army veteran over the OROP issue today snowballed into a huge political showdown in the national capital with Rahul Gandhi and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal being detained by police.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest