It is number 15 in the ‘defection’ order as Srisailam MLA Budda Rajasekhar Reddy crossed over to the Telugu Desam (TDP) from YSR Congress.
At the “auspicious” time of 9.05 am, Rajasekhar met TDP supremo and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu at the latter’s riverfront residence and got the yellow scarf adorned, marking his admission into the ruling party.
Rajasekhar was also the Kurnool district unit president of YSRC. He is the fourth MLA of YSRC from Kurnool district to defect to the TDP.
- YSR Congress to boycott AP House over defection of MLAs to TDP
- YSR Congress MP Butta Renuka joins Telugu Desam Party
- Bypoll loss signals another crisis for Jagan Reddy’s party
- Nandyal bypoll: TDP, YSRC in a high stake battle ahead of 2019 general elections
- Keen contest on cards for Nandyal Assembly bypoll in Andhra Pradesh
- Post defection in Andhra, YSR Congress adopts damage control measures
In fact, the defection of legislators from the lone opposition party to the ruling party started with two MLAs
from Kurnool district on February 22.
Now, four MLAs in all have crossed over to the TDP, reducing the YSRC strength in the district to seven.
Kurnool district had been one of the bastions of the YSRC but now it appears to be crumbling.