It is number 15 in the ‘defection’ order as Srisailam MLA Budda Rajasekhar Reddy crossed over to the Telugu Desam (TDP) from YSR Congress.
At the “auspicious” time of 9.05 am, Rajasekhar met TDP supremo and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu at the latter’s riverfront residence and got the yellow scarf adorned, marking his admission into the ruling party.
Rajasekhar was also the Kurnool district unit president of YSRC. He is the fourth MLA of YSRC from Kurnool district to defect to the TDP.
- Chandrababu Naidu fast: No birthday cake for TDP chief as he strikes against Centre’s ‘injustice’ to Andhra
- Bandh over special category status in Andhra Pradesh Highlights: No untoward incident reported
- YSR Congress workers stage rail roko demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh
- YSRC MPs quit over Modi govt’s ‘failure’ to grant special status for Andhra
- Rajya Sabha polls: YSR Congress accuses TDP of trying to lure its MLAs
- Post defection in Andhra, YSR Congress adopts damage control measures
In fact, the defection of legislators from the lone opposition party to the ruling party started with two MLAs
from Kurnool district on February 22.
Now, four MLAs in all have crossed over to the TDP, reducing the YSRC strength in the district to seven.
Kurnool district had been one of the bastions of the YSRC but now it appears to be crumbling.