The Andhra Pradesh government proposes to issue special securities worth Rs 8,256.01 crore under the Ujjwal Discom Assurance Yojna Scheme (UDAY). The securities will have a face value of Rs 100 issued in equal strips with a maturity at the end of 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th year, the RBI said in a statement.
“An investor will be required to purchase entiren structure and the bid amount will be uniformly distributed across all tenors,” it said, adding the minimum size of bid will be Rs 100 crore.
The Reserve Bank said allotment of securities and settlement will take place on October 18.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Union Power Minister had launched the UDAY Scheme last year for operational and financial turnaround of power distribution companies (DISCOMs). So far 17 states/UTs have signed UDAY.
The combined discom debt, including central PSU dues, that would be restructured in respect of these states is around Rs 2.57 lakh crore, which is around 68 per cent of the total outstanding discom debt as on September 30, 2015.