After AIIMS Delhi, the second outlet of Affordable Medicines and Reliable Implants for Treatment (Amrit) will be launched at Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, this month.
Under the Amrit programme, officials said more than 200 drugs of cancer and cardiovascular diseases are being sold at affordable prices.
An official of the health ministry told The Chandigarh Newsline on Monday that Union Health Minister J P Nadda would visit PGI on February 28 to inaugurate the outlet, which aims to provide drugs for cancer and cardiovascular diseases at affordable prices.
The Union health ministry had launched the country’s first Amrit outlet at AIIMS Delhi in November last year. At the Amrit outlet in AIIMS Delhi, these drugs are sold at 50 to 60 per cent lower the market price.
Apart from this, the patients would be able to get cardiac implants at lower prices. “These implants would be provided by the Centre to the Amrit outlet, where it would be sold at cheaper rates,” said a PGI doctor.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
At PGI, doctors said the location for the outlet has been identified inside the Nehru hospital. “We were asked to provide a space at the institute. We have provided a space and it will be opened inside the Nehru hospital,” said a PGI doctor.
“It would help the patients in getting medicines at cheaper rates,” said Dr Arvind Rajwanshi, head, department of cytology and gynecological pathology, PGI.
According to PGI officials, the Nadda is also expected to inaugurate an MRI machine at the institute. “We have been communicated that the Union health minister is visiting the PGI for these two inaugurations on February 28,” said an official.