BJP President Amit Shah will be the chief guest at a public meeting on October 16 in Haryana being held as part of an exercise to rally around various castes and sub-castes linked to the Vaishya community. Over 29 MPs and 111 MLAs, hailing from the community, from various states and political parties have been invited to take part in the October 15-16 event being organised by Agroha Vikas Trust, which is linked to BJP-backed Rajya Sabha member and media baron Subhash Chandra.
“This year is a special occasion where many of OBCs will be given surname ‘Vaishya’ with all vaidik rituals, in the presence of more than 1,00,000 Bhartiyas (Indians),” a statement said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“We have also organised a public meeting on Oct 16 inviting Amit Shah as the chief guest. Meeting will be presided over by yours truly (sic),” Chandra said in a tweet.