BJP President Amit Shah met party leaders and Ministers in Gujarat, where Assembly election is due in late 2017, and discussed organisational matters.
Shah, who arrived in Ahmedabad on Tuesday, is expected to stay till Friday and meet some more leaders, said Gujarat BJP media convener Harshad Patel.
Several top BJP leaders and Ministers, including state unit chief and Transport Minister Vijay Rupani and Minister of State for Health Shanker Chaudhary, met Shah at his residence.
- Gujarat: Vijay Rupani, 18 ministers take oath of office
- Vijay Rupani begins second innings in Gujarat, takes oath as chief minister
- Vijay Rupani takes oath as Gujarat CM
- Gujarat’s new BJP government to take oath tomorrow
- Vijay Rupani resigns as CM; BJP MLAs’ meet today
- Gujarat Assembly election results: Reduced BJP strength sparks CM speculation
The parleys hold significance in the wake of Assembly election next year and a possible Cabinet reshuffle ahead of that.
“The main purpose of Shah’s meeting with top leaders was to solve pending issues of the state party unit. He also gave guidance to state leaders on various issues as well as on strengtheing the party organisation,” said Patel.
Shah, who is also an MLA from Gujarat, last evening took part in a felicitating ceremony of newly inducted Union Ministes from the state – Mansukh Mandaviya, Jaswantsinh Bhabhor and Parshottam Rupala.
The BJP chief also attended an ‘aarti’ at Jagannath Temple last morning ahead of the Rath Yatra.