Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah on Saturday said it was high time that Uttar Pradesh comes out of the clutches of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) and Samajwadi Party (SP) and vote for the saffron party which will bring development to the largest state of the nation.
“I would like to appeal to come out of SP and BSP and vote for BJP for the development because when Samajwadi Party wins then there is crime, when Bahujan Samaj Party wins then there is corruption and crime both. BJP is the only party which gives development. In these two years of Modi’s governance, this government has worked for the development of this country,” Shah said in a rally in Kanpur.
“Uttar Pradesh had a huge contribution in NDA forming the Govt with full majority at the centre. I have full faith that the people of Uttar Pradesh will uproot Samajwadi party and help Bharatiya Janata Party form a government here,” he added.
- UP civic polls: BJP secures resounding victory, CM Yogi Adityanath attributes 'historic win' to PM Modi's vision
- Gujarat elections is battle of casteism, dynasty against development, says Amit Shah
- Amit Shah flags off BS Yeddyurappa's yatra in Karnataka, says, 'Congress govt broke all corruption records’
- Himachal Pradesh Assembly Elections 2017: Amit Shah tears into ‘corrupt’ CM for defaming state
- Amit Shah says Virbhadra Singh example of corruption, dented Himachal Pradesh image
- UP Legislative Council: 1 BSP, 2 SP members quit; say ‘dedicated my seat to Adityanath’
Hitting back at the Congress for accusing the Prime Minister Narendra Modi government of doing nothing in the last two years, Shah said that his party has given a decisive and corruption-free government to the country.
“The opposition is asking as to what we have done in these two years, I want to ask Rahul Ji what have they (Congress) done in so many years. In these 10 years, Congress has only done corruption, and corruption of 12 lakh crore. Be it 2G scam, Helicopter scam, Air India Boeing scam, CWG scam, Adarsh society scam, Submarine scam, everywhere they have done corruption,” he added.
Taking a dig at the opposition for questioning PM Modi’s foreign visit, Shah said, “I want to say that Modi ji has visited fewer countries than former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. When Manmohan Singh used to go abroad, neither did the country new nor did the people in abroad acknowledged his visit. He just used to read a paper in English and come back. The welcome that Modi ji gets when he is abroad is not his welcome or the parties but it is for the people of the country.”
Shah further extolled the achievements of the PM Modi government, while stressing that the BJP has provided such an effective government to the people that even the Opposition could not make allegations of corruption against the Centre.